Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring has arrived!

Happy 1st day of Spring everyone! I love Spring. It's my favorite season - all of its new life and beauty. Unfortunately, the weather today isn't very Spring-like. It's in the low 50s and the wind is blowing. Did you guys check out Papertrey Ink's new release this past Sunday? Wow - as I always say when I see the new goodies! I loved each new stamp set and the new perfect match color? A gorgeous Hibiscus pink! I hope my order comes tomorrow. I want to play this weekend. I got the new Wishing You and Mother sets. Guidelines Two and Life sold out incredibly quick. And on to a completely different subject - who else is excited for the TWILIGHT DVD release! Woo hoo! I can't wait. I won't make it to a midnight release party, but I hope to get to Target tomorrow before they sell out. Anyway, on to the card I have to share. It is the complete opposite of Spring. Now I ask - who's ready for Christmas? Or should I say Chrismoose? I kid. I kid.
I used a sketch for this card and for the life of me can't remember which challenge it was for. I made the card almost 2 weeks ago. That's how long since I've made anything actually. Maybe with some warmer weather I'll get in the mood to sit down and create. I'm trying to clean up and better organize my space. I have some stamps I want to sell so I need to sit down and make a list and take pictures of it all. Ok - back to the card..

The stamp, titled Merry Chrismoose, is from Stampendous. I heat embossed it and then colored it with my Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits. Added some Diamond Stickles to the snow and tassles of his scarf. I finally broke out my K&Company Peppermint Twist stack. I thought the ornament design was fitting for the image. The red/pink paper is the other side. I dry embossed the blue cardstock with the Cuttlebug folder - Snowflakes. The Poinsetta flower and leaf are from Prima and I used alcohol-ink dyed Skittles/Dew Drops as another embellishment.

Hopefully I'll have something to share within the next few days. I think the new PTI sets will give me some inspiration. I need to work on my Mother's Day card and both sets will work perfect. I hope you all have a beautiful weekend. Ciao! :)

6 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh this is so cute... love the ornaments hanging off his antlers.. He is adorable... the paper is perfect...

Sandy from Ukiah said...

I wanted to ask you how you got three columns on your blog... I love the look of it.. is it hard to do? non2@sbcglobal.net

Staci said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love your blog and can't wait to look around.

Norine said...

this is so cute love it
Hugs
Norine

Tammy said...

Super cute card!!! I love the moose:)

Hugs,

TAmmy

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fab card so cute ,love it ,hugs Dawnxxx